Friday, September 29, 2006

College Mistake That Hurts!

Wow! I have just learned a very hard lesson while starting the new school year at a bran new college. The hard lesson I just learned was not studying long enough and correctly for a big test that thanks to God I pulled off a 78%.

You may not believe or feel that this is so bad, but if I don't keep a 3.6 or higher GPA I can say good bye to my scholarships.

Let me tell you my mistakes so you can avoid this feeling I have right now.

1) Watching a movie a studying

College is so much fun with there always being something to do. While attending a online college I never got the experience of hanging out with others and making friendships that will last through school. Even though I am having a blast, when it is study time I need to make sure to enclose myself in a quiet room when studying for a test.

Watching a movie and studying is not something that should be done together.

2) Cramming the night before

This is one of the most used methods for college students when doing homework, looking over notes, or cramming for a exam the next day. It has been proven that short frequent periods of studying is the best way to comprehend for college exams and tests while retaining the information after the exam.

A tip for you that need to be taken and used in college is too look over your notes an hour after your class for about 10 minutes or so depending how long it is. Do this and I can guarantee your next text will improve and the night before stress level will drop.

3) Just looking over notes

Looking over the notes you took in class is ok and might work for you but it has been proven that college students test better when they studied with flash/note cards, practice with others, and link notes with understandable meanings you can relate to better.

Well, I am note happy about my test but I know the next test will make up for this one so my college scholarship will not be in danger.

Take care and God Bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home